Friday, April 29, 2011

The Plan

Met up with a mate from course who I haven't seen since the day of the earthquake, just to catch up, find out what both of us are up to in this time of nothingness and to bounce ideas around of projects and job hunting and so on.

It was motivation for me to get off my arse and start taking action in looking for work wether it be studio work or temporary/one off work...even taking on mundane work just to get some cash and to also met more people and get my name out there. Just seeing how much he has achieved during our time off was a bit of an eye opener for me and a little embarassing.

So this weekend I am going to scramble a PDF and Online portfolio together with what work I do have on my harddrive (60% of my work being trapped in the middle of the CBD). Once I have set those up I will feel alot more comfortable and confident in applying for jobs and even cold calling a few people. There are quite a few design jobs being advertised so I just have to get out there and do it!

We also dicussed a little project where he would like me to film and edit a little video of the process of him painting an oil painting from start to finish...which will be real fun to work on! We have a video that we are gonna use as our inspiration which I will post below...

http://vimeo.com/15076572

So I have quite a bit to keep me busy...I just have to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment